***Thanks for your interest. The posting for this position has closed at this time. If you are interested in getting involved with OutNebraska, we suggest you complete the volunteer form at the bottom of this page.***
OutNebraska empowers and celebrates thriving LGBTQIA2S+ communities across the state.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Communications Manager will have primary responsibility to create and manage the organizational social media presence, write copy for website/press statements, and assist with increasing the organization’s supporter base.
The Communications Manager will collaborate with the Executive Director on the creation of a statewide communications plan for the organization that helps to engage LGBTQ+ people in the organization; coordinate efforts to promote events, as well as, crafting organizational statements and press releases, activities will help increase community engagement with the organization.
The Communications Manager is responsible for managing and executing OutNebraska’s online presence in service of our mission to empower and celebrate thriving LGBTQIA2S+ communities across the state. The Communications Manager plays a critical role in promoting and communicating the work of OutNebraska. The Communications Manager supports OutNebraska leadership in internal and external communications, develops and executes a communications plan for the organization, and leads the organization’s social media, email, and WordPress website management. This role will also coordinate efforts to promote events, craft organizational statements and press releases, and support activities that help increase community engagement with the organization.
- Maintain and grow OutNebraska’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes drafting and posting regular content reflecting OutNebraska’s priorities, tracking metrics, coordinating with coalition partners, and more.
- Work with the team to develop and execute email strategy including creating editorial calendar, identifying goals for email program, and assisting with copy for fundraising, advocacy, and informational emails.
- Create and manage a communications plan for OutNebraska’s website and social media properties.
- Write periodic posts for the OutNebraska blog on our website.
- Maintain and update OutNebraska’s website, including the calendar of events.
- Help craft press releases and position statements for the media.
- Other activities as identified or directed.
- Superior phone, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to engage easily and naturally with anyone and to work effectively with diverse allies, community members, volunteers, and colleagues
- A self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Strong attention to detail and personal organization
- Collaboration on team efforts
- Management of multiple tasks and deadlines
- This position requires the ability to work evening and weekend hours and travel in the state. Travel will be dependent on the current status of COVID-19 pandemic
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and best practices for each
- Experience with copywriting for press releases
- 1-2 years experience in a communications role, including managing a website and social media; experience in non-profits or campaigns preferred
- Ability to generate effective and engaging graphics and designed materials in Canva a plus
- Experience in Hootsuite preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is anticipated to be $37,000 – $39,000. OutNebraska offers a healthcare stipend, a cell phone stipend, as well as, generous PTO and holiday time-off benefits.
OutNebraska is an aggressive advocate of inclusivity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds â€“ particularly people of color, women, LGBTQ+ people, people living with HIV, immigrants or refugees, people with disabilities, and people from low- or moderate-incomes.
Outlinc follows an Equal Employment Opportunity policy and employs personnel without regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender identification (an individual’s internal sense of one’s own gender), sexual orientation, race, color, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, disability (including past, present, or future physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability, learning disorders, or disease), genetic information, leave status, marital status, veteran status, previous incarceration, age, height, weight, and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Send PDF files: a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references to Abbi Swatsworth at email@example.com.Â