The goal of the OutNebraska Resource Directory is to promote LGBT-owned and gay-friendly businesses in our communities. OutNebraska does not endorse the content or the goods offered in this directory. OutNebraska merely provides this information as a service.
If you are ever asked by a third party for a listing fee, please know that OutNebraska does not charge for your listing in our directory and is not affiliated with any third party.
Updated Business description…
Inclusive Life Center and Chapel is a Nebraska Non-Profit Organization that provides religious and nonreligious pastoral care and services to all without exception. Wedding Officiants, Funeral Ministers, Fellowship Service, Grief Coaching, and Premarital Assessment and Coaching. We proudly serve the Omaha, Lincoln communities. Members of our organization are LGBTQ and allies. Inclusive Life helps co-host TDoR each year in Omaha.
1941 S 42nd Street STE 124 Omaha, NE 68105
Inclusive Life Center and Chapel
Bookstore, cafe, gathering place & venue. Indigo Bridge Books & Cafe embraces people from all walks of life – we must accept each other for what we are, and treat each other with respect. Indigo Bridge Books strives to provide a solid, relevant Gender Studies section with a focus on LGBT titles.
Inner Peace Massage is committed to serving its clients by providing them a place to escape the stress of everyday life, and experience the joy of therapeutic massage, and do so in manner that is safe, comforting, and nurturing for the mind, body and soul. Available 7 days a week, by appointment only.
The Intercultural Senior Center (ISC) is a community center that welcomes adults ages 50+ from around the world. As of March 2020, ISC’s in-person activity calendar is suspended, so please check the ISC website for the latest offerings. To speak with an ISC social worker about case management or food pantry/meal delivery in the Omaha area, please call 402-444-6529.
ISC’s regular programs and services include:
- Case management and other social services such as support groups, grandparenting classes, food pantry, and more
- Health and wellness activities such as exercises classes, foot care clinic, gardening, and classes and workshops
- Nutrition services such as light breakfast, cooking classes, and education. ISC is a lunch site through the Eastern Nebraska Office on Aging
- Education classes in English as a Second Language, Spanish conversation, citizenship, and technology
- Social activities such as arts and crafts, sewing, dancing, holiday and cultural celebrations, and field trips to area attractions
- Transportation may be available
- ISC’s staff members speak Spanish, English, Karen, Karenni, Nepali, Burmese, and Arabic
ISC has partnered with SAGECare for training to provide services and programs to meet the needs of older LGBTQIA+ adults and to create a safe and welcoming place for all participants, volunteers, and staff. This is part of ISC’s vision for our region to value the wisdom and experience of diverse older adults and to create opportunities for them to embrace and enhance our community.