OutNebraska empowers and celebrates thriving LGBTQIA2S+ communities across the state.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Community Organizer will have primary responsibility to recruit volunteers, assist with growing organizational programming, and assist with increasing the organization’s supporter base.
The Community Organizer will collaborate with the Executive Director on the creation of a statewide field plan for the organization that helps to engage LGBTQ+ people in the civic life of their collective local and state communities; coordinate efforts to partner with Nebraska Civic Engagement Table members, as well as, other nonprofit and business interactions; and increase community engagement with the organization.
- Facilitate issue briefings and provide civic engagement trainings
- Effectively identify, recruit, and manage OutNebraska members and supporters to achieve OutNE’s political, legislative, public education, and civic engagement goals
- Plan and implement volunteer activities including, but not limited to, regular call nights, data entry, canvassing, and tabling opportunities
- Manage all nonpartisan civic engagement programming and participation in the Nebraska Civic Engagement Table’s “Get Out The Vote” coalition
- Coordinate communications and logistics for programming events
- Engage community members through monthly meetings to facilitate power building
- Maintain membership and voter data with a focus on optimizing data collection and timely entry
- Superior phone, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to engage easily and naturally with anyone and to work effectively with diverse allies, community members, volunteers, and colleagues
- A self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Detail-oriented work practices
- Collaboration on team efforts
- Management of multiple tasks and deadlines
- This position requires the ability to work evening and weekend hours and travel in the state. Travel will be dependent on current status of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Experience with data management best practices
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and engagement
- 1-2 years experience field work
- Experience in voter and data management, including experience using the Voter Activation Network (VAN) and EveryAction.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is anticipated to be $35,000 – $38,000. OutNebraska offers a healthcare stipend, a cell phone stipend, as well as, generous PTO and holiday time-off benefits.
OutNebraska is an aggressive advocate of inclusivity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds – particularly people of color, women, LGBTQ people, people living with HIV, immigrants or refugees, people with disabilities, and people from low- or moderate-incomes.
Outlinc follows an Equal Employment Opportunity policy and employs personnel without regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender identification (an individual’s internal sense of one’s own gender), sexual orientation, race, color, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, disability (including past, present, or future physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability, learning disorders, or disease), genetic information, leave status, marital status, veteran status, previous incarceration, age, height, weight, and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Send PDF files: a cover letter, resume and references to Abbi Swatsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org