DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
OutNebraska empowers and celebrates thriving LGBTQIA2S+ communities across the state.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Development and Operations Manager will provide key support for donor development and administrative management, as well as, the creation of an annual Development plan to further fundraising goals for the organization.
The Development and Operations Manager will lead efforts to ensure that the organization captures and utilizes relational information from constituents, foster relationships with current and prospective individual and corporate donors, and assist with constituent communications that support fundraising and volunteer engagement for the organization. The Development and Operations Manager will support the Executive Director by managing administrative operational tasks.
- Assist with engaging, motivating, and growing the supporter base
- Assist with growing grant opportunities and developing grant proposals
- Support event management including board engagement with events
- Enter and manage constituent and gift data in EveryAction including crafting reports, activist codes, creating forms, etc.
- Create effective fundraising letters and materials
- Provide support to Board of Directors including board minutes and materials
- Manage administrative tasks including Google workspace, bank deposits, invoices, documents, supplies, etc. (requires at least 1 day per week in Lincoln office)
- Manage responses to agency email@example.com email
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior phone, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to engage easily and naturally with anyone and to work effectively with diverse constituents, community members, volunteers, and colleagues
- A self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Detail-oriented work practices
- Collaboration on team efforts
- Management of multiple tasks and deadlines
- This position may require the ability to work evening and weekend hours and travel in the state. Travel will be dependent on current status of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Experience with data management best practices
- Experience with EveryAction or other CRM
- 2 or more years experience fundraising work
Compensation and Benefits
Annual salary is anticipated to be $37,000-$40,000. OutNebraska offers a healthcare stipend, a cell phone stipend, retirement match, as well as, generous PTO and holiday time–off benefits.
OutNebraska is an aggressive advocate of inclusivity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds – particularly people of color, women, LGBTQ people, people living with HIV, immigrants or refugees, people with disabilities, and people from low- or moderate-incomes.
OutNebraska follows an Equal Employment Opportunity policy and employs personnel without regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender identification (an individual’s internal sense of one’s own gender), sexual orientation, race, color, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, disability (including past, present, or future physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability, learning disorders, or disease), genetic information, leave status, marital status, veteran status, previous incarceration, age, height, weight, and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Send a Cover letter, Resume, and 2-3 professional references to Abbi Swatsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org